Denis O’Connell (a native of Listowel) purchased an established chemist shop in Swinford in 1930. He had previously worked in Dublin with three of his brothers who were chemists also. He came to Mayo to manage Adamson’s Chemist Shop in Ballina where he met his wife Barbara Kilroy, who worked with him.
Denis Died suddenly in 1942 leaving Barbara with seven children under the age of twelve years of age. She struggled with the help of some good managing chemists until her son Maurice qualified in 1957. Maurice established a good modern pharmacy and he was ably assisted by his wife Brid. Maurice was a registered pharmacist until Christmas 2012. He handed over the reins to Eoghan in 2004.
Proprietor & Pharmacist
Eoghan, a trained pharmacist, has owned and managed O’Connell’s Medical Hall since 2004.
Jo is a very experienced pharmacist and has worked with O’Connell’s Medical Hall for over 30 years.
Tara, a native of Swinford, has worked as a pharmacy technician with O’Connell’s Medical Hall for over 15 years.
Linda, a native of Swinford, has worked as a sales assistant with O’Connell’s Medical Hall for over 7 years.
Trainee Pharmacy Technician
Louise is training as a pharmacy technician and has worked with O’Connell’s Medical Hall for over 1 year.